Buying a Patio Door :: Maryland Door Supply Center
Believe it or not, when it comes to patio doors you have more than your fair share of choices. From style to the frame to
the glass to functionality, the patio door market is full of potential choices for your home. The trick is narrowing down your choices to find the perfect patio door for you, your home and your budget.
Patio Door Styles
Patio doors come in a wide range of styles, from French doors to sliding doors to bi-folding doors to slide-and-pivot doors.
- French Doors: French doors are comprised of a pair of doors hinged at the sides that open from the middle.
- Sliding Doors: Sliding doors operate by…you guessed it, sliding. Comrpised of two or three panels, these doors slide along grooves in the floor.
- Bi-Folding Doors: Unlike swing doors, bifold doors open and close by utilizing a track system, which runs parallel to the panels of the opening. The doors open and close in a gliding manner.
- Slide-and-Pivot Doors: This new innovation in patio door design, slide-and-pivot doors incorporate many of the benefits of bifolding doors and sliding doors. The main door can opened by sliding it along the top and bottom guides or it can pivot open, giving homeowners the best of both worlds.
Patio Door Frame Styles
- Wood: Considered the more traditional option, wood frames look great, but if maintenance is a concern, these frames require more than others.
- Metal: Typically made of aluminum, metal frames provide improved strength.
- PVC: With OVC frames, quality can vary greatly. As a general rule of thumb, you get what you pay for. The better ones will usually be reinforced with metal for increased strength.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. To fully understand your options, it is important to visit with a reputable door supply center, like Architectural Window Supply.
Thanks to our expert customer service, we’ll help you find the perfect match for your patio doors and interior door or entry doors. Besides making sure we stay within your budget, our staff pays attention to the color and finish you want.
If you have any further questions about Patio Doors or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!
Architectural Window Supply is here to open the door for you!
In addition to entry doors, we also carry sliding glass, patio doors, and interior doors. Architectural Window Supply employees are experts in the door business, and we handle a variety of makes and models. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well!