Selecting the Right Wooden Door for your Home
Your wooden doors serve a much bigger purpose than simply enhancing your home’s curb appeal and aesthetic value. They can also…
- Add protection and security to your home
- Prevent harmful elements from getting into your home
- And much more!
But how do you go about buying the right wooden door?
Tips for Selecting a Wooden Door
- Know the weather patterns in your area: One of the biggest things to remember about wooden doors is that they will expand and contract with the weather, making them extremely susceptible to premature wear and tear. The solution to this problem is to purchase a wooden door that has fiberboard panels, which add both strength and durability.
- Solid wood is the way to go: Solid wooden doors are…well, solid. They are more durable and even more fire resistant than hollow core wooden doors.
- Keep the door off the floor: You should allow about a half of an inch in between your floor and your door. It is much easier to accomplish this if you have your floors installed before you purchase your new wooden door.
- Determine your desired style: There are several styles available for you to choose from. Which style best matches your home’s existing décor and your preferences? The choice is yours.
- Buy your new wooden door from a reputable dealer: Need help choosing the right wooden door? Architectural Window Supply can help! Whether you are a homeowner, architect, or builder, you can trust the knowledgeable window and door professionals at Architectural Window Supply to answer any questions you may have, from uses and designs to materials and structures.
If you have any further questions about Wooden Doors or wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!
About Architectural Window Supply:
Since 1995, Architectural Window Supply, Inc. has been the premier supplier of custom wood windows and doors in the Baltimore/Washington area. We offer a vast array of custom window and door options that give a stylish, sophisticated look to any residential home or commercial building.
Our product offerings include the most trusted names in window and doors including Jeld-Wen, Norwood, Belisle, and Atlantic Shutters. We base our business on the principles of courtesy, quality and service as well as a solid knowledge of our products.