Spring Window Maintenance Tips from your Baltimore Window Supplier
Spring has sprung and it is time for homeowners across the country to grab those brooms, feather dusters, vacuums, and other cleaning supplies. It is time for Spring Cleaning! But aside from the vacuuming the carpets, dusting the shelves, and scrubbing the floors, there is another area of your home you should address: your windows.
Spring Window Maintenance Tips
- Wash Exterior: First, you should address the exterior. Scrub the glass, sash, and window casing to help remove any dirt, grime, and debris that has accumulated over the winter months. During this time, you should also examine the windows for any signs of damage.
- Wash Screens: Remove the screens and give them a quick hose down to help remove any debris that has become lodged. Then, let the screens dry in the sun and re-install when dry. Again, look for signs of damage during this process.
- Wash Interior: First, open the window and wash away any grime that has accumulated in the channel. Next, close the window and wash the interior. As always, inspect the window and the glass for any signs of damage.
- Test the Hardware: Finally, test the locks, cranks, and other window hardware to make sure everything is in perfect working order.
- Replacement Windows: Have you noticed any damage during the spring cleaning process? If so, it may be time to start thinking about replacement windows.
Architectural Window Supply: Your Baltimore Window Supplier
When your windows need to be replaced, Architectural Window Supply is the clear choice. We carry the highest quality windows from the top brands, including Jeld-Wen, Norwood, and Belisle. Everything Architectural Window Supply sells is offered at affordable prices that include measuring, ordering, and delivery right to your home.
If you have any further questions about Spring Window Maintenance or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!