Summer is Almost Here: It’s Time to address that Old Patio Door
The weather is slowly beginning to heat up. Spring is in full swing and summer will be here before you know it. You know what that means: parties, barbeques, and all sorts of outdoor entertainment. You know what else that means? It is time to give your home, more specifically your patio, a facelift. And where better to start than your Patio Door?
Patio doors are one of the most popular features of any home. They not only provide convenient access to your patio, but also flood your interior with natural light while adding to the aesthetic appeal of your home. But where do you even start when looking for a new patio door? There are so many choices nowadays, with each brand claiming supremacy over the next.
So Many Styles to Choose From
- Sliding: Typically one door panel is stationary and the other opens by sliding horizontally on tracks. Sliding Patio Doors may include more than two panels.
- Swinging: Single, double, or French Swinging Patio Doors are available in many styles and glass types to provide clear viewing or obscured for more privacy.
- Folding: Open up an entire room to the great outdoors with a Folding Patio Door System. These doors open accordian style and can be designed with multiple panels.
Even after you choose a style that matches your style, you are not even close to done. You still have to address materials, which include:
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass can mimic the feel and look of real wood, but for a fraction of the cost and maintenance. These doors are built to withstand the elements.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is a strong, lightweight material that is also corrosion-resistant and performs well in almost any climate.
- Steel: Steel offers strength and durability and only requires minimal maintenance.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is known for its durability, as well as energy efficiency.
- Wood: Wood has a classic look that is unparalleled. Unfortunately, that look comes at a price.
We Can’t Forget Energy Efficiency
Nowadays, energy efficiency is the name of the game, from R-value and U-factor to Low-E glass and UV coatings. So be sure to look for a patio door that meets your energy efficiency needs. The right door will pay for itself over the years when it comes to energy savings.
Architectural Window Supply: Your Maryland JELD-WEN Patio Door Supplier
In addition to entry doors, we also carry sliding glass and patio doors from the world’s top manufacturers, including JELD-WEN. From the best style to the material that will work with your demands, Architectural Window Supply is there to open the door for you!
If you have any further questions about JELD-WEN Patio Doors or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!