Sustainable Construction: What does Sustainability really mean?
You have probably heard the term thrown around in conversation before. You have seen the advertisements. But do you really know what sustainability is?
What is Sustainable Construction?
Sustainability is “meeting the needs of the present generations without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs,” according to the World Commission on Environment and Development.
What are some Sustainable Construction Practices?
There are several ways to add some sustainability to your next home improvement project, including:
1. Multi-Use Spaces: These areas help maximize both efficiency and energy consumption.
2. Mother Nature: Consider placing windows in ways that utilize nature. This could be as simple as placing windows in direct sunlight to add both light and warmth. You could even plant a tree to better shade a window and help cut down on energy usage.
3. Weatherstripping: Adding weatherstripping is a great, cost-effective way to improve the energy efficiency of a building.
4. Replacement Windows: Windows today are much more energy efficient.
5. JELD-WEN: JELD-WEN produces a wood composite interior door using recycled materials.
Where can you Purchase JELD-WEN Wood Composite Doors?
At Architectural Window Supply, we are experts in the door business and handle a variety of makes and models, including JELD-WEN wood composite doors. So if you are looking to purchase a new door, give us a call. We’ll help you find the perfect door to match your home and budget.
If you have any further questions about Sustainable Construction or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!
Source: Sustainable Construction