Protect your Exterior Door: Tips from a Baltimore Window and Door Supplier
When it comes to homeownership, one of the most important things you can do is protect your home. This is why you purchased a home warranty. This is why you purchased homeowners insurance. This is why you regularly inspect your roof for damage. And you should do all of the above things…and more!
One of the most important areas of your home to maintain and protect is your front door. Still, many homeowners completely neglect their exterior doors, but why? Your door is your first line of defense against the elements, burglary, and so much more.
Tips for Protecting your Exterior Doors
1. Weather: Climate plays an important role in the lifespan of your door. And if you live in an area with harsh winter weather or an area prone to tropical storms, hurricanes, or tornados, the following tips will be even more vital to the protection of your door.
2. Direction: The direction your door faces could also a play a role in its expected lifespan. Southern and western exposures are harshest, exposing your door to direct sunlight more often.
3. Overhang: Believe it or not, your overhang plays a very important role in the protection of your door, especially if your door is wooden. The overhang helps protect the door’s finish, minimizing the need for refinishing. Use the following formula to determine the proper overhang for your door: D (Depth) = 1/2H (Height).
4. Color Choice: That’s right; the color of your door plays a role in its durability. While darker colors absorb heat, lighter colors help repel heat and thus prolong the life of your door.
5. Storm Door: Adding a storm door helps give your exterior door even more protection from the elements, especially wind and rain. And depending on the glass used in your storm door, it could even help block harmful UV rays.
Do you need a New Exterior Door? Then Architectural Window Supply is here for you!
Architectural Window Supply employees are experts in the door business, and we handle a variety of makes and models. In addition to entry doors, we also carry sliding glass, patio doors, and interior doors. https://dubaiescortstars.com
If you have any further questions about Entry Doors or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!