Tax Tips: Energy Efficient Windows, Door, and a Federal Tax Credit
If you purchased energy efficient windows or doors in 2012 or plan to do so in 2013, you could take advantage of a Federal Tax Credit. This credit only applies for qualified windows and doors purchased and installed between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2013. If your purchase falls into this time frame, you may be eligible to receive the following tax credits:
- Windows: Receive 10% back, up to $200
- Doors: Receive 10% back, up to $500
*The tax credit only applies to the cost of the window, not installation costs
** This tax credit does not apply to new homes.
How to take advantage of this Federal Tax Credit
- Energy Efficient Windows & Doors: First and foremost, you will need to purchase and install new windows or doors. And this is exactly where we can help! For the past 20 years, Architectural Window Supply has been the go-to choice for homeowners, builders, and architects looking for top quality windows and doors in the Baltimore, Maryland area. Our knowledge and experience are key when it comes to choosing the right product. We can recommend the best solution, whether it is energy efficient doors or windows.
- Consult with your Tax Advisor: These tax credits are subject to a “Lifetime Limitation” of $500 for energy efficient doors and $200 for windows. If you have already surpassed these limitations, you should not apply for the credit.
- Keep the Receipt & NFRC Label: You will need to show your receipt and NFRC labels from each door or window.
- Download your Manufacturer’s Certificate Statement: Be sure to keep it with your tax records.
- Taxes: Submit the Federal Tax Credit with your taxes for the year the windows and/or doors were installed.
If you have any further questions about Energy Efficient Windows & Doors or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!