What Makes Newer Windows So Energy Efficient?
Did you know that as much as 25% of the total heat loss in your home could be attributed to your old double-glazed sealed windows? That’s right, your windows are some of the biggest energy-wasters in your home! Fortunately, new window technology has helped produce much more energy efficient window options, which can significantly cut down on heat loss and your energy bills.
What makes newer windows so energy efficient?
• Low emission coatings applied to the inside surface reduce heat loss
• New windows are constructed of two layers of glass with an inert gas in between them, further reducing heat loss
• Glass is treated with a reflective coating, which reflects the suns rays and reduces interior temperatures
•Layers of glass (glazings) can be coated to reduce heat loss and the amount of Ultra Violet (UV) light that enters the house
• Some manufacturers may use multiple glazings, reducing heat loss and UV light even more
• Non-metallic spacers are used between the glazings to further enhance energy savings
•The use of wood and PVC frames can further reduce heat loss
Investing in new windows is a great way to improve the energy efficiency of your home! These windows initially cost more, but the savings you will experience in your utility bills can easily make up for the price difference in just a few short years.
If you have any questions about Energy Efficient Windows or wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!
With a new showroom in Annapolis, Maryland, we can provide top-quality products and service to our valued customers. We offer a vast array of custom window and door options that give a stylish, sophisticated look to any residential home or commercial building. Whether you are a homeowner, architect, or builder, you can trust our professional and knowledgeable staff to answer any questions about use, design, and materials of any items that we carry. Our product offerings include the most trusted names in window and doors including Jeld-Wen, Norwood, Belisle, and Atlantic Shutters. We base our business on the principles of courtesy, quality and service as well as a solid knowledge of our products.